2009/2010 Projectfor the Promotion of School Folk Sports (Aug 1, 2009 – Jul 31, 2010)
Department in Charge
Ministry of Education, National University of Tainan
Subcategory 1 Establish an Internet Resource Center for folk sports
Subcategory 2 Organizing folk sport teacher training programs in all cities and counties
Subcategory 3 Organizing visitsto provide guidance for folk sports education in all cities and counties
Subcategory 4 Organizing folksports exhibition contests in schools of all levels nationwide
1. Promoteself-study by students and teachers in schools of all levels via the Internet Resource Center for folk sports as well as the application and search for audio, visual, and written materials on folk sports to achieve a sharing of resources
2. Expand thetraining of folk sports teachers and encouragement of the inclusion of folk sports education in the PE curricula of schools of all levels to implement the education of folk sports in all schools.
3. Gaining betterunderstanding of actual implementationand difficulties encountered by cities, counties, and schools of all levels in the promotion of folk sports education. These insights will serve as a reference for improvements in the field of folk sports education to assist schools in the promotion of educational activities.
4. Increase the participation in folk sports activities and enhance theexchange of skills, incentives for and discovery of outstanding folk sports athletes and teams
1. Establish thedatabase for educational materials and composition and recording of written, audio, and visual materials for brick acrobatics and meteor ball gymnastics as well as the compilation and editing of audio, visual, and written materials for at least seven different disciplines; establishment of a national teaching manpower database and special Internet platform areas.
2. Forming of a school folk sports R&D team which is in charge of discussing strategies for the promotion of school folk sports education as well as the dissemination of teaching materials for brick acrobatics, stick juggling, and meteor ball gymnastics, Organization of a total of three folk sport teacher training seminars
3. Formulation and promotion of assessment methods and strategies for folk sports education, organization of visits to provide guidance for cities and counties; designation of 40 special schools and establishment of three workshops to promote the development of folk sports education as well as the organization of nine basic folk sport education seminars.
4. Organize anationwide school folk sport exhibition contest and an event featuring folk sport challenge games and activities for the whole family.