2011/2012Project for the Promotion of School Folk Sports
Department in Charge
1. The maintenance and enhancement of folk sporteducational resource network
2. Organize a folksport teacher’s training programs in all cities and counties
3. Organize the visits to provide guidance for folk sports education
4. Organize thefolk sports exhibition contests in schools of all levels nationwide
1. Promoteself-study by students and teachers in schools of all levels via the Internet Resource Center for folk sports as well as the application and search for audio, visual, and written materials on folk sports to achieve a sharing of resources
2. Expand the trainingof folk sports teachers and encouragement of the inclusion of folk sports education in the PE curricula of schools of all levels to implement the education of folk sports in all schools.
3. Gain abetter understanding of actualimplementation and difficulties encountered by cities, counties, and schools of all levels in the promotion of folk sports education. These insights will serve as a reference for improvements in the field of folk sports education to assist schools in the promotion of educational activities.
4. Increase theparticipation in folk sports activities and enhanced exchange of skills, incentives for and discovery of outstanding folk sports athletes and teams
1. Establish thefolk sport educational resource network: Continuingthemaintenance and enhancement of the platform by adding eleven special areas and expandingof the databases
2. Organize thebasic folk sports teacher training and advanced seminars in Northern, Central, and Southern Taiwan
3. Folk sports education counseling teams conduct visits to get a better understanding of the difficulties encountered by cities and counties in the promotion of folk sports. Folk sports education assessment methods and strategies for the visits are formulated and implemented accordingly. 40 special schools have been designated to promote the development of folk sports education and visits are organized to provide guidance for cities and counties. Three city/county or cross-regional folk sports contests for adjacent areas are organized for the following disciplines: brick acrobatics, stick juggling, and meteor ball gymnastics.
4. Organization of a nationwide school folk sport exhibition contest and an event featuring folk sport challenge games and activities for the whole family.